Whether for a photo shoot, taking part in a talk show or attending a gala evening, Maripier relies on a team of professionals to keep her face, nails and hair looking impeccable. She has a lot of experience with personal care products. Here are her favourites!
Maripier warns us straight away that her beauty routine is, in a way, a form of religion. "My skin is prone to acne, so I do different things every day to take care of it. Over time, I have become an expert on the subject! My beauty routine has 8 to 10 steps and I follow it to a T, both morning and evening."
"I really like Kate Somerville’s products. I start with the DermalQuench Liquid Lift advanced wrinkle treatment. It’s made of hyaluronic acid and oxygen. This magic potion moisturizes my skin and gives it a gorgeous glow! "
1. Kate Somerville’s DermalQuench Liquid Lift Advanced Wrinkle Treatment, $114 for 75 ml, sephora.com
"In order to prepare my face my other treatments, I use Esthederm's cellular water. This ultra-light lotion has a nice fresh feel to it and gives my skin a good dose of radiance. "
2. Esthederm’s Cellular Water Watery Essence, $39 for 125 ml, esthederm.ca
"I continue with the 5-in-1 Beauty Water from Karine Joncas, a Québec brand. I spray it all over my face and in my hair. This soothing formula helps absorb the products I will apply later. "
3. Karine Joncas’s KJ 5-in-1 Youth Elixir Beauty Water, $38 for 240 ml, karinejoncas.ca
"Made from ginger root oil, sunflower oil and tamanu, Kiehl's Daily Reviving Concentrate strengthens the skin’s defenses during the day. However, before going to bed, I replace this product with the night concentrate of the same brand."
4. Kiehl’s Daily Reviving Concentrate, $62 for 30 ml, labaie.com
5. Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Concentrate, $62 for 30 ml, labaie.com
“One of my favourite products, which I always treat myself to, is Dr. Brandt Skincare's Do Not Age Transforming Pearl Serum. It's made up of tiny pearls that penetrate the skin to reduce the appearance of wrinkles."
6. Dr. Brandt Skincare’s Do Not Age Transforming Pearl Serum, $170 for 40 ml, sephora.com
"I then apply a second serum by La Roche Posay. It’s enriched with vitamin B5. This treatment plumps the skin and helps to prevent the appearance of wrinkles."
7. La Roche Posay’s Hyalu B5 Serum, $49 for 30 ml, beaute.pharmaprix.ca
"I have eczema on my eyelids and need to take good care of this fragile area. I swear by this La Mer eye concentrate!"
8. La Mer Eye Concentrate, $275 for 15 ml, sephora.com
"Finally, I complete my morning routine with Philosophy's Purity Made Simple Ultra-light Moisturizing Lotion. Before going to bed, I apply IDC's Anti-pollution Moisturizing Cream."
9. Philosophy's Purity Made Simple Ultra-light Moisturizing Lotion, $34 for 141 ml, labaie.com
10. IDC's Anti-pollution Moisturizing Cream, $49.99 for 50 ml, beaute.pharmaprix.ca
Maripier’s bathroom is full of small jars and amazing care products. She gets the chance to test many products. Here are some of her absolute favourites!
"I have been using Kérastase products for years! There are two lines that I like in particular: Blond Absolu and Resistance. The first, which has just been launched, is designed specifically for blondes. The second repairs damaged hair. I really love the Resistance Serum. I am also addicted to Moroccanoil’s shampoo because of its sweet scent!"
11. Kérastase’s Extentionist Resistance Serum, $57 for 50 ml, kerastase.ca
12. Moroccanoil’s Oil Moisture Repair Shampoo, $26 for 250 ml, sephora.com
“I always have Tom Ford’s Illuminating Primer with me because it gives my skin a touch of radiance when I decide not to wear makeup. Laura Mercier's concealer, which comes in two shades, allows me to do quick touch ups during the day. Finally, I make sure to have my Revlon Volumizing Mascara and my Clarins Water Lip Stain at all times. I apply it to my cheeks and my eyelids too.”
13. Illuminating Primer by Tom Ford, $92 for 30 ml, sephora.com
14. Secret Camouflage Concealer by Laura Mercier, $45, sephora.com
15. VolumizingTM Water-resistant Mascara by Revlon, $11.99, beaute.pharmaprix.ca
16. Water Lip Stain by Clarins, $25, labaie.com
"I have never been faithful to a single one! These days, I use Fresh Life Eau de Parfum. I really like the fresh side of this fragrance with its grapefruit, lilac and cypress notes. I am also obsessed with Maison Lavande's essential oil. I always have a ready-to-wear Pure Lavande stick at my disposal and I make it a point to apply it throughout the day."
Eau de parfum Fresh Life by Fresh, $118 for 100 ml, sephora.com
Prêt-à-porter Pure Lavande by Maison Lavande, $8.95 for 13 ml, maisonlavande.ca
“The PhotoReady Insta-Fix Highlighting Stick by Revlon is extraordinary! In my opinion, it’s indispensable for the summer season.”
19. PhotoReady Insta-Fix Highlighting Stick by Revlon, $20.99, beaute.pharmaprix.ca
“I'm a fan of Karine Joncas products! Her Gold Youth night elixir concentrated with gold peptides works miracles. I also always have a pair of eye patches on hand."
20. Gold Youth Concenrate by Karine Joncas, $38 for 15 ml, karinejoncas.ca
21. Dermo-lift Corrective Eye Patches by Karine Joncas, $3.99 for pair, karinejoncas.ca